Monday, November 5, 2007

"Missed Opportunity"

I have been in Real Estate for almost 25 years, I have seen all types of markets up, down & flat. I must admit I have seen brighter days in our local Real Estate market. This market is robust and full of opportunity for a purchaser. Case in point, I have been showing a prospect the same home for a least four times. The prospects said they wanted to go forth and make an offer. I prepared all the necessary documents and waited for their arrival to my office. As I waited for them our appointment time has passed and I received a call from them. They informed me that they changed their mind on the purchase. Their main concern was the present Real Estate market conditions. They did inform me that they have been looking for a home for the past 2 years and attended many Open Houses. I tried to explain to them that "NOW" is a great time to make a purchase to no avail. What these people fail to realize, even if the market slips a little more, it does not matter. If you are going to live in the home for at least two years, the market will be on a upswing. I also pointed out when the market does heat up again, they will be competing with other buyers who have been sitting on the side lines. You and your family would be enjoying their new home and enjoy all its advantages. "Missed Opportunity" Feel free to contact me at: findit@LehighValleyRealty.com

No comments: